Wilderness Guide - Desert Level 2 WGA
Ecoregion: Continental / Subtropical - Deserts
Plan, organize, equip, and safely implement a multi-day (typically 7 or more days) desert expedition; in environments which may include mountainous areas, stone or sand desserts, dry forest systems, semi saline marshlands or river deltas.
*note: work accordingly local laws and professional guiding legal requirements
Skills of a Desert Guide:
- guide groups on demanding expeditions in wilderness areas
- organize a travel or expedition on international level with a length of more then 7 days
- train and prepare participants within its professional profile
- be aware of technical, mental and physical condition of participants at any time
- apply adequate techniques in order to minimize environmental impacts
- understand and transmit local social and cultural behaviour
- interpretate and share knowledge on local flora & fauna
The following requirements must be approved before the candidate is allowed to take part in the practical module 3 (Namibia):
- Participation in all practical tasks and field trips, including preparation and follow-up work.
- Work requirements, reports and any type of follow-up work included in every course. The lecturer will decide what type of work will be carried out in relation to every course.
- Planning, implementation and presentation of group projects.
SPECIFIC TRAINING MODULES
1. Introduction module – 2018 - May
A 10-day course delivered in a semi-virtual and home study modality.
Location: Spain (Doñana and Tabernas)
2. Practical module – June, 2018
A 8- days intensive instructor-led on-site training and self-training activities.
Location: Sahara, Marocco
3. Practical module – November, 2018
A 15- days intensive instructor-led on-site training and self-training activities.
4. Final project
- Aged 18 years or older
- Intermediate level of English
- Level 1 WGA training or similar
- Level 1 qualification level/proven experience and training
After the specific training modules a training period is required and participants are assessed to obtain the W.G.A. level certification.